A man has admitted to killing three people in Nottingham last year but has denied murder.
32-year-old Valdo Calocane admitted manslaughter of three people, including two students from Nottingham University.
Calocane denied murder when he appeared at Nottingham Crown Court.
The 32-year-old admitted manslaughter on the grounds of diminished responsibility.
University of Nottingham students Grace O’Malley-Kumar and Barnaby Webber, both 19, were stabbed and killed on June 13 this year.
A 65-year-old school caretaker, Ian Coates, was stabbed in the street and killed.
Calocane, a former student, admitted stabbing to death the three people.
He pleaded not guilty to murder on grounds of diminished responsibility, but has admitted manslaughter and attempted murder.
Tributes were held earlier this year in Nottingham City Centre
Calocane’s barrister Peter Joyce KC told the court his pleas were entered on the basis of diminished responsibility.
The prosecution will review medical evidence before considering whether to accept the pleas.
Webber, a history student from Taunton, Somerset, was a cricketer who was described by his family as a “beautiful, brilliant, bright young man”.
O’Malley-Kumar was a medical student and hockey player from Woodford, in London, who had wanted to apply to the Royal Army Medical Corps.
Coates, was a caretaker who was approaching retirement.
He was a Nottingham Forest fan and was known for setting up a fishing club to help young people.
His sons said his death had “rocked everyone’s world”.
The case has been adjourned until January 16.
#Man #admits #killing #Nottingham #University #students #caretaker #denies #murder,